FAQ Topics

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:34:42 PM

Do I need different insurance if I drive out of state?

Auto insurance covers you no matter where you drive in the United States. However, if you relocate to a new state, you must register your vehicle with the Department of Motor Vehicles and notify your insurer. 

Our Insurance Expert

Laura Adams is a personal finance expert, award-winning author, and consumer advocate. As Senior Insurance Analyst, she represents insuranceQuotes in the media and works to make sure consumers protect their financial futures by having the right kinds of insurance.

learn more