New Open Enrollment Period 2021 for Health Insurance
What is the New Open Enrollment Period for 2021 Health Insurance?
The new open enrollment period for health insurance has been extended, any uninsured Americans now have the opportunity to sign up for 2021 coverage from February 15th, 2021 to May 15th, 2021. Open enrollment for health insurance was set to end before this time period; however, it was extended due to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic. This special enrollment period was announced in order to help enroll as many Americans as possible with health insurance plans that meet their individual and family health coverage needs. Any person under 65 living in a state that utilizes HealthCare.gov should be eligible for this new open enrollment period.
Who is Eligible for the New Open Enrollment Period for 2021?
The 3 most common types of people who could benefit from the new open enrollment period for health insurance lasting until May 15th, 2021 includes:
- Any currently uninsured American looking for health care coverage in 2021.
- Any person who currently has marketplace health coverage, but is interested in a different or better health insurance plan.
- Any person who feels they are under-insured with their current health insurance plan.
Let us help you maneuver through the new 2021 health insurance open enrollment period by connecting you with one of our health insurance experts who can help you save time and money by getting you multiple quotes and guiding you through the new open enrollment period.
Do I Qualify for a Health Insurance Cost Subsidy in 2021?
If you are worried about the cost of health insurance, there may be help in the form of a premium subsidy to help make your health insurance more affordable in 2021. A premium subsidy also known as a premium subsidy may be available in your state depending on a few qualifying factors revolving around your household income and family size.
- Any single individual to qualify for a health cost subsidy you will need to have a maximum household income of $51,040.
- A household of 4 people would need to have a maximum household income of $104,800 to qualify.
See our full list of maximum household incomes and household sizes to understand if you or your family qualify for a 2021 Affordable Care Act subsidy:
|# of People Living in Your Home||Max Household Income|