Q&A Topics

Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:17:13 PM

If my home is flooded, will the damage be covered by federal disaster assistance?

Federal disaster assistance is generally given as a low-interest loan to help cover flood damage. These loans must be repaid and may only be available when an area is formally declared as a disaster by the President.

Submit Your Question!

Our Insurance Expert

Laura Adams is a personal finance expert, award-winning author, and consumer advocate. As Senior Insurance Analyst, she represents insuranceQuotes in the media and works to make sure consumers protect their financial futures by having the right kinds of insurance.

learn More