Q What coverage does basic auto insurance give you?
An auto insurance policy can have multiple types of coverage. They include collision, property damage, comprehensive, bodily injury, medical and uninsured motorist.
- Collision pays for damage to your car when you hit another vehicle.
- Property coverage pays for damage to someone else’s vehicle or property.
- Comprehensive pays for damage due to something other than a collision.
- Bodily injury pays for injuries you cause to someone else.
- Medical pays for the treatment of injuries to the drive and passengers of the insured’s car.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist pays when you’re hit by a driver with no or inadequate insurance.