Q&A Topics

Monday, September 21, 2009 10:38:48 AM

I'm thinking about moving out of my home and renting it. What kind of insurance will I need?

Insurance for a rental home is similar to a standard home policy. It won't include personal belongings (unless you leave any on the property), but will protect the structure from damage and give you liability protection in the event of a lawsuit. Depending on the property's location, you may also want to purchase additional coverage for mudslides, earthquakes or floods.

Submit Your Question!

Our Insurance Expert

Laura Adams is a personal finance expert, award-winning author, and consumer advocate. As Senior Insurance Analyst, she represents insuranceQuotes in the media and works to make sure consumers protect their financial futures by having the right kinds of insurance.

learn More