Q&A Topics

Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:50:23 AM

Is flood damage covered by a home or renters insurance policy?

No, flood damage is not covered by a standard homeowners or renters insurance policy. You must purchase flood insurance separately.

Submit Your Question!

Our Insurance Expert

Laura Adams is a personal finance expert, award-winning author, and consumer advocate. As Senior Insurance Analyst, she represents insuranceQuotes in the media and works to make sure consumers protect their financial futures by having the right kinds of insurance.

learn More