Why having Health Insurance is not an option
When trying to assess the benefits against the costs of health insurance, gauging if you and your family can afford the extra expense, it might be better to ask yourself if you can afford NOT to have medicare insurance.
Let’s face it, none of us plan to get sick, have an accident or get injured, and while we are healthy and carefree we often put that extra expense on the long finger. This can be a costly mistake, leading to all kinds of cumbersome financial problems. Let’s view some of the reasons you really should not do without individual health insurance:
What are the benefits of Health Insurance?
When you are sick, treating an illness, or have an injury, the last thing you need on your mind is the worry of how much money your treatment will cost and whether you should, or can afford treatment that will put you back on your feet again.
Having the right Health Plan protects you from this type of worry and from high, often unexpected medical costs. The benefits of medical insurance plans for individuals are many, the most obvious is the peace of mind and knowing that when you are at a very vulnerable point in your life, your health care providers will have everything they need to start your treatment immediately and look after you in the best possible way. You don’t need to worry about a thing.
What do health insurance plans cover?
Most health insurance plans will cover a set of fixed preventive services, including free screenings, vaccines and some check-ups. Some other covers that you may find on your plan that may apply are listed below:
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care (before and after birth)
- Some costs for prescription drugs
- When you have health insurance you will have access to a medical doctor. This is beneficial because as he/she gets to know you they will get to know your medical history and needs and can treat you more efficiently.
The risks with not having individual health insurance plans
Without the proper health coverage in place there is a constant worry of having even the smallest of accidents, or worse, having an illness that requires a visit to your health care provider. If you don’t have health insurance you run the risk of being exposed to very high costs that may not be affordable for you which may lead to borrowing. Often individuals find themselves in crippling debt and we have even seen cases of bankruptcy due to excessive medical bills.
What kind of plans do InsuranceQuotes.com offer?
InsuranceQuotes.com are leaders in online health insurance and we guarantee you the best plan that focuses on your individual needs and levels of accessibility. Give us a call and talk to one of our expert staff who will take the time needed to go through your personal history, expectations (finding you plans that include your preferred doctor, hospital) and needs. Our experienced and friendly staff speak both English and Spanish and will be delighted to provide you with medical insurance quotes when you call.
Some of the plans InsuranceQuotes.com offer are:
- Individual and Family Medical Insurance– this type of medical insurance plans for individuals and families will cover you, your partner (spouse) and children for anything from illness to injury due to accident. There are a variety of plans to choose from and you will be able to choose your family’s preferred hospital and doctor giving you the highest quality treatment available.
- Medicare supplement Insurance (or Medigap) policies will help pay some of the health care costs not covered in your original Medicare policy. The “gaps” in your original policy can be filled in and you have a more complete coverage by adding medicare supplement insurance. It is advisable to speak to professionals before skipping into the expense of this as you need to cross check what you have on your original health insurance policy.
- Supplemental Insurance– often a difficult decision for many, this is additional insurance which you can buy to help cover expenses that your original health insurance does not cover or skipped – things such as deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, which are extra expenses to you, are covered by some supplemental insurance plans. Ask our expert team for more information on what options suit you best.
How can I get health insurance quotes?
Sometimes the idea of wading through the multitude of options available to us, and the confusion the tricky terminology can create, means we often don’t know where to start to look for health insurance plans. With InsuranceQuotes.com it could not be simpler or faster. We are experts in online insurance, and our user-friendly website is easy to use and you will have all the information about insurance health plans at the click of a button. It is as simple as 1-2-3 - just follow these 3 easy steps:
Step 1: Choose the type of insurance you need in the first drop box. Enter “Health” (insurance health) Following this you must enter your ZIP code.
Step 2: you will be asked some basic information:
- date of birth
- How many people in your household
- Expected annual household income
- Any major life events in the past 30 days (yes /no)
Step 3: when you are happy with the information you have provided you simply sign and “submit” your request and you will have health insurance quotes within no time. It really is that easy. You will have a non-binding quote delivered to your email address in no time, and the worry of not being properly covered for illnesses or accidents will start to ease!
Why choose InsuranceQuotes.com?
We are #1 in our field and have helped approximately 15 million customers find the right insurance deal…our expert staff are professional and highly trained with many years of experience. We will work tirelessly with you until you are satisfied that the best health insurance plan has been put together for you and/ or your family.
Don’t wait until you are in need, give us a call today or go online to get a sign a quote, which we will follow up to answer any further queries or doubts. Your healthcare is our priority – make it yours too!
What's the right decision?
Confused by the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare? Our health insurance content and calculators can help you understand everything about the new law from coverage to cost to enrollment periods.
Affordable Care Act
- What is Obamacare?
- What are the four types of Obamacare plan?
- How much does Obamacare cost?
- Obamacare: What you need to know.
- How to avoid the Obamacare tax penalty.
- What is an Obamacare subsidy or tax credit?
- 6 Obamacare myths debunked.
- What change in Medicare can you expect?
- Medicare explained: The ABCs (and D) of health care for seniors
- Why you need supplemental insurance with Medicare
- Medicare 101 video series
Important Dates for Obamacare Enrollment
- November 1, 2019
Open enrollment begins; the first day to apply for health insurance for 2019.
- December 15, 2019
Open enrollment ends; last day to apply for health insurance for 2019.
- January 1, 2020
First day 2020 health coverage can start if application is made by Dec. 15, 2019.
Important Dates for Medicare Enrollment
- October 15 to December 7