It’s Groundhog Day, everyone – and in addition to letting a rodent tell us if we’ll suffer through another six weeks of winter, it’s also the perfect day to look back at the best quotes from that annoying former high school classmate-turned-insurance-salesman who pesters Bill Murray’s character Phil Connors into buying life insurance in the classic 1993 film "Groundhog Day." So here’s Ned’s best quotes and insurance advice – just for you on Groundhog Day.
Top Ned Ryerson 'Groundhog Day' quotes, and a video refresher
10. “Needlenose Ned? Ned the Head? Come on buddy. Case Western High.”
9. “You know – I’ve got friends of mine who live and die by the actuarial tables and I say ‘Hey. It’s all one big crapshoot anywho.’”
8. “Ned Ryerson. I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore. Well?”
7. “Do you have life insurance? Cuz if you do, you could always use a little more. Am I right or am I right or am I right, right, right, right?”
6. “Ned Ryerson – got the shingles real bad, almost didn’t graduate? Bing.”
5. “Ned Ryerson. I did the whistling bellybutton trick at the high school talent show? Bing!”
4. “Whenever I see an opportunity, I charge it like a bull. Ned the Bull. That’s me now."
3. “Don’t you tell me you don’t remember me, because I sure as heckfire remember you.”
2. “Well … Watch out for that first step, it’s a doozy.”
1. “I have not seen this guy for 20 years. He comes up to me and he buys whole life, term, uniflex, fire, theft, auto, dental, health, with the optional death and dismemberment plan, water damage … Phil, this is the best day of my life.”