Find out what the election means for health care.
Confused by the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare? Our health insurance content and calculators can help you understand everything about the new law from coverage to cost to enrollment periods.
Affordable Care Act
- What is Obamacare?
- What are the four types of Obamacare plan?
- How much does Obamacare cost?
- Obamacare in 2016: What you need to know.
- How to avoid the Obamacare tax penalty.
- What is an Obamacare subsidy or tax credit?
- 6 Obamacare myths debunked.
- What change in Medicare can you expect for 2017?
- Medicare explained: The ABCs (and D) of health care for seniors
- Why you need supplemental insurance with Medicare
- Medicare 101 video series
Important Dates for Obamacare Enrollment
- November 1, 2016
Open enrollment begins; the first day to apply for health insurance for 2017.
- December 15, 2016
Deadline to purchase and have coverage start Jan. 1.
- January 1, 2017
First day 2017 health coverage can start.
- Januray 31, 2017
Open enrollment for 2017 ends; last day to apply for a health plan in 2017.
Important Dates for Medicare Enrollment
- October 15 to December 7