Get Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
Motorcycle insurance dos and don'ts
In general, motorcycle owners regard their motorcycle among their most prized possessions – lots of passion, love (and expense!) goes into the investment of owning a bike. But not for these reasons alone your motorcycle should be insured to cover the investment you have made and to have protection for yourself.
Liability coverage will cover damage to another person in the event of an accident and property damage will cover any damage to your ride bike. Motorcycle insurance is not an option optional choice – if you appreciate a good bike, you will appreciate good motorcycle insurance even more!
What are the benefits of motorcycle insurance?
With motorcycles becoming more and more popular as a means of transport, due to many factors including cost of maintenance, speed, accessibility to congested roads, it is important to get the right insurance policy for you and your motorcycle. To meet the minimum legal requirements a basic liability insurance will meet the required standard, you might want to consider other benefits of covering more than just the minimum.
- Underinsured / uninsured coverage. What happens if you are involved in an accident where the other party is not fully insured (or not insured at all!). Luckily, there is an insurance policy that includes underinsured coverage an underinsured coverages and this will help pay for any damages to your motorcycle and more importantly cover medical expenses for any injuries that you may have incurred – even when the other driver has no insurance at all.
- Liability – Bodily injury and Property damage. Let’s face it – accidents can, and do, happen even to the most careful drivers. Accidents involving motorcycles can result in costly property damage and bodily injury claims. If you don’t have the right insurance and have only insured yourself for the minimum amount you might well find yourself with a staggeringly high bill at the end of the claim. Liability motorcycle insurance will keep you covered even when you are at fault!
- Comprehensive and collision coverage. This coverage will pay for repairs (due to damage or vandalism) and/orand / or replacement to your motorcycle if it gets stolen. You will have peace of mind and you can also adjust the premium costs by changing the deductible amount for this cover.
What factors influence your motorcycle rates?
Insurance rates are not just pulled out of the air – statistics are gathered and analyzed and just like automobile insurance, motorcycle insurance rates depend on many factors, some which are similar to auto car insurance cover: location, make of motorcycle, driver safety but there are also some differences – let’s take a look
- For starters the kind of motorcycle you have… if you are commuting around the city on a small bike then most likely your insurance will save more be less than that of a high-performance, big-engine bike. When it comes to motorcycle insurance – engine size does matter as they are seen to have a greater risk for accidents.
- Where you live – like cars, insurance rates for motorcycles is influenced greatly by location. If you live in a populated area (seen as a great risk for accidents) with a high rate of crime this will most definitely be reflected in your insurance premiums.
- Your age is a factor which will affect your motorcycle insurance quote. It is statistically proven that younger riders are more likely to be involved in accidents…however, don’t be disheartened because the quality and experience of your driving, seen with driver and claims history, will play a part too.
It is important to speak to the experts when shopping around for cheap motorcycle insurance as there are many types of discounts that you could avail of, for example:
- If you insure more than one bike – you may be liable for a discount
- Bundling or multi-policymulti policy insurance cover – having more than one policy with the same insurer
- Mature riders – if you have lots of rider miles behind you then some companies will offer a discount.
- Do a safe driver course (with a recognized association)
- Stick with the same insurance company – loyalty points mean a discount on cheap motorcycle insurance.
How can I get a motorcyle insurance quote online?
At InsuranceQuotes.com, our service we knows how savvy our customers are – in today’s world where everything can be bought online – we are ahead of the crowd – which is why we are leaders in online motorcycle insurance. Our user-friendly website is full of essential information and has an easy-to-follow, step by step guide to getting cheap motorcycle quotes.
Make sure you fill in the information accurately because the information you provide will directly impact the premium you will pay.
In a few quick steps you will be asked:
- age of your motorbike, make and model
- drivers – your name and other drivers – along with date of birth and some other basic personal information including occupation and credit rating
- name of current insurance provider and for how long
- address/ telephone and email address
It could not be easier! Once these details have been entered you will be given a breakdown of different quotes available and comparisons between various policies.
If you prefer to speak to someone you can call us directly and you will be able to get all the information you need from our expert professionals who will only be delighted to help.
If I modify my motorcycle will affect my insurance premium?
If you customize or modify your new motorcycle it is crucial to declare this to your insurance provider. Any changes that you make to a bike are classified as modifications and can influence your insurance rate. Non-disclosure of information, even non-intentionally, will have an impact on your claims.
Why do modifications to my bike affect my premium?
Basically, insurers will assess the modifications to see if they enhance the performance of your motorcycle. If the bike is more powerful as a result of the modifications, then it is more at risk of accidents. Sometimes cosmetic modifications, that do not enhance the performance, can increase the risk of theft, therefore, therefore affecting premiums.
What determines my motorcycle premium?
Many factors determine the rate you pay for motorcycle insurance. Statistics are gathered and analyzed. Some factors that will affect you rate are
- Driving experience
- Driving history
- Claims history
- Security features
- Credit history
Why does my credit score affect my motorcycle premium?
You can get a decrease on your premium rate based on your credit score. Insurance companies use a credit-based insurance score in order to predict what insurance losses might be. It has been proven as one of the most accurate ways of creating an insurance rate. To predict your score many factors are considered including credit history, payment history etc.
It doesn’t matter what type of motorcycle you own old or new – get online at InsuranceQuotes.com and browse through our site’s in-depth coverage of everything you need to know before taking out a policy.
Follow through our step-by-step guide to the cheapest motorcycle insurance with discounts and you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is. If you would like to speak to someone call us and any of our professional, highly trained team members will be delighted to answer your queries.