Friday, September 09, 2011 8:52:39 AM

If a terrorist attack destroys my home or car, would insurance cover it?

Standard home insurance includes coverage for damage to property and belongings that results from a terrorist act. Standard renter's policies also include coverage for damage to personal belongings in a terrorist attack. Auto insurance does cover a car that's damaged or destroyed in a terrorist attack, but only if the policyholder has comprehensive coverage.

Add a Comment

Submit Your Question!

Our Insurance Expert

Laura Adams is a personal finance expert and award-winning author who is Senior Insurance Analyst for She represents Bankrate Insurance’s web properties in the media and works as an advocate to make sure consumers protect their financial futures by having the right kinds of insurance.

learn more